This is a classic and such an easy fix for pretty much any T-shirt you need to shorten, either by a little or a LOT. You can make it as cropped as you want! Lay shirt on a flat surface and smooth it out completely. … Once cut off, stretch out the new hem with your fingers to give it a more worn-in effect.
Can you hem a shirt to make it shorter?
If you don’t own a sewing machine, you can hand-sew a hem to make your shirt shorter. This method does take a bit of time. … Turn in inside and put it on, then mark where you would like the shirt to end. Take the shirt off and measure a line half an inch below that mark around the shirt.
How do I make a shirt smaller?
Boiling hot water will make the fibers of the shirt contract which will make it shrink smaller. If you’re looking to shrink a shirt as much as possible, high heat is the best way to go.
Soak the shirt in hot water.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Submerge the shirt in the hot water. …
- Soak the shirt for 30 minutes.
How do you make a shirt smaller without washing it?
To Shrink a Shirt Without Washing
- Toss your shirt in the dryer, on the highest temperature setting.
- An alternative to this option is to place the shirt out, in strong sunlight.
- Follow either of the procedures by ironing the shirt with a steam iron. The steam will contribute to the shrinking process.